Starting a dropshipping business is the first step to owning a business. You will be able to sell products to customers, set your own product prices, and market your own brand. You don’t even have to pay for inventory until you sell it to an actual customer. You can build a successful brand if you are willing to put in the work.
If you’re still hesitant to start an online business, it might help to know that global e-commerce sales hit nearly $3.5 trillion in 2019. So if global e-commerce statistics are any indication, starting an online business is now an increasingly lucrative option.
What is Dropshipping?
Dropshipping is a business model that you can use to run your store without having to hold any inventory. Upon completion of the sale, your supplier will ship your product from their warehouse to the customer’s door. You never have to worry about storing, packaging or shipping your products.
How Does Dropshipping Work
There are three important parts in a dropshipping business: your suppliers, your online store and your customers.
- Your Suppliers – First, you need to find trustworthy suppliers or wholesalers. The supplier will be responsible for fulfilling your order and holding the physical inventory. One of the most popular sources of suppliers is AliExpress with dropshipping tools like DSers, but you can also find plenty of independent suppliers (although it takes more work).
- Your Store – This is the actual e-commerce store where the customers place the order. All you need to do is upload the product catalog, including clean pictures, product details and unique descriptions. There are different e-commerce platforms that work well, WooCommerce and Shopify being the two most popular choices.
- Your Customer – After placing an order, you will receive a notification that you can send to your supplier. You only need to pay your vendor when converted visitors pay.
Grow Your Dropshipping Business with DSers
DSers is a dropshipping tool on the Shopify app store and it has a Chrome extension that can quickly import products from AliExpress to your Shopify store and sell them online. It is one of AliExpress’s official dropshipping partners, which means that you can place unlimited orders to AliExpress without being blocked. Whether it’s full-time or part-time, AliExpress dropshipping is profitable enough as you work enough.
In addition to Shopify, you can also use DSers to manage other e-commerce stores on platforms like WooCommerce and Wix, and you don’t have to log on with different DSers accounts – just switch the different stores with one click.
Key Features of DSers
DSers is designed to ease the process of order fulfillment and help with dropshippers’ business. All the features of DSers are aimed to take your dropshipping business to next level.
- Supplier Optimizer: Supplier Optimizer helps you find new suppliers that sell the exact same products, but with better reviews and cheaper prices. You can easily find alternatives to your current supplier with just a few clicks.
- Bulk Order: With just a few clicks, you can place all the new orders you received to AliExpress. You can get out of the tedious and complicated manual order fulfillment and focus your valuable time & resources on growing your online store and increasing sales.
- Variants Mapping: With Variants Mapping, every product in your online store will link to the AliExpress supplier that you want to order from in DSers. Each variation of the product should be linked to the corresponding variation provided by the vendor. It allows you to set up alternative vendors, which will ensure that if your main supplier is out of stock, you can still sell and order from the substitute suppliers.
Salman Zafar is an ecopreneur, consultant, advisor, speaker and journalist with expertise in waste management, waste-to-energy, renewable energy, environment protection, conservation and sustainable development. His geographical areas of focus include Asia, Middle East, Africa and Europe. Salman is the Founder of EcoMENA, a popular voluntary organization based in Qatar. He is also the Founder and CEO of BioEnergy Consult, a reputed consulting firm active in biomass, waste-to-energy and waste management segments.
Salman is a professional environmental writer with more than 350 popular articles to his credit. He is proactively engaged in creating mass environmental awareness in different parts of the world.
Salman Zafar can be reached at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org