5 Simple Hacks Of Website Design You Must be Aware Of
In today’s scenario, every business is taking a leap towards digitization. And, that’s the key reason that businesses and even individuals are more drawn towards website designing. Though CMS have actually turned website development bit easier for newbies and individuals, but not for businesses. For every business, the website is the only way to interact with potential customers and clients. So, it must be very impressive. Isn’t it?
For sure! Though you can make your website on your own also, to stand ahead of the crowd you need to take the help of website designing company. They offer you the professional web designing services with which your business can score over your competitors. When you communicate your requirements to the tech brains, you will surely get the best possible solutions.
Maybe you are designing another content sharing community like Hubpages or Medium, but you can’t make an exact replica of it. Duplication can take your business off from the races before even participating in it. If you are aware of the basic web designing things, it can help you improve your website mockup.
Here I am sharing 7 simple web designing hacks that can enhance your website designing experience.
1. Graphics versus Content
It’s a huge fight these days between the graphics and content. In the whole digital world, “Content is the King” is a well-known phrase. If you perceive only a digital marketing perspective, this phrase surely wins. A well-researched in-depth content scores over the website with no content. I understand that totally, but how many of your clients actually gonna read that in-depth content? I believe, just a few. And, probably those are the ones wanted to educate themselves about a topic, rather than buying your services.
On the contrary, people are more attracted towards graphics. Well, that’s visually pleasing and thus gain more traction. But, a website full of visuals can’t explain everything just like the content can.
So, keep in mind to maintain the balance between graphics and content of 60:40 when designing your website mockup; especially for your main landing page. For interior service pages, you can give more focus on the content.
2. Typography Hacks
With custom web designing you can change the content representation in your way. It’s not always a theme to beautify your website, typography can change 90% of your website design. Here are certain typography hacks that can reform the look of your website.
- Improve the look of content: Apply the line height of 1.6 to your body text. It looks more clear that way. You can add line-height:1.6 in CSS to all the p elements.
- Make your headline distinct: Don’t opt for numerous fonts, it adds unprofessional look to your site. It’s better if you choose just 2 fonts that can complement each other.
- Narrow columns: When your content is divided into columns, after finishing every line, you have to make the struggle of finding the new one. However, if you narrow the gap between the columns and restrict each line to 58 characters only, the reader can scan the content easily. You can take help of jQuery plugin for the same.
- Add a Line: You may say that you already took different font size then what’s the need to add a line here? But, a line below the text is the visual separation and the content looks more organized this way.
3. Designing hacks
For designing, I am not drowning on the technical side, rather want to tell from a visual perspective. Here are certain designing tips you can consider:
- No multicolor: It’s a common thing that colors attracts us more often, but that doesn’t mean that you make a rainbow out of your website. It’s better if you select 2-3 specific colors and follow the same pattern in your entire website. Like you may take blue for branding, and Navy blue for CTAs. You can use the colors of your brand’s logo as well.
- Reuse Styles: For branding, consistency is the key and this improves UX of your website. When your draft is on the plain paper, it may seem boring, but it looks more uniform and appealing on the website. For sure, it reduces work too!
- Group Similar Stuff: Arrange the elements of similar category together in the groups. You can separate them with white spaces, lines, or background color. This gonna help you with UX.
4. Utilize Your Website’s White Space
If your website’s mockup doesn’t seem right, check on the white space you left. A non-tech newbie may think like the website is so empty, but that’s actually a part of designing.
Let me put it this way, your website’s goal is to attract your target audience and purchase your products or services. So, Call to action (CTAs) or the products are something that your customers should reach. And, for that you need to offer a distraction-free environment for your customers; for that, choose a minimalistic theme that fully utilizes your white space.
To make your website look pleasing as well as not empty, you can try a few of the below-listed things:
- Replace white space with any color: Just follow the color theme you chose to maintain in your website to replace the white space.
- Add attractions: Technically we ain’t replacing the white background, rather can add certain animations or patterns with CSS. This can trick your customers in a more appealing way.
- Use the white space around the images: Like Wikipedia, you can wrap the images with white plain text. There is empty space on either side of the images as well. You can check on how the white space to grab the user’s attention.
- Use a background image: To replace the white space you can use any background image as well. You can blur it or add effects as per the requirement.
5. Responsive V/s Adaptive Designs
With technological evolution, you acquire a huge amount of traffic from mobile users. If you look for the themes from CMS, you will find the majority of responsive themes. But, when you have employed a website designer, you need to check if you are looking for adaptive designs or responsive ones.
The key difference is, responsive themes are the web designed themes that adjust its content and resize itself as per the screen size. However, adaptive or mobile themes are the designs where the content is repositioned as per the device layout.
Initially, responsive themes can serve better, as you are completely unaware of the percentage of users and device with which they will be searching. To check it, you can surely seek the mobile-friendly test for your mobile audience.
Web designing is surely an art and needs a lot of creativity. However, with the above ideas, you can better understand your initial website mockup and can ask the website designing company to make changes as per your choice. You can surely reduce the website development tenure following these practices.
Milan Soni is the CEO and co-founder of the wedowebapps- is a leading e-commerce website and mobile app development company, which give the best services. He loves blogging as a hobby and he likes to write on mobile innovations, startup, business and application improvement.
5 thoughts on “5 Simple Hacks Of Website Design You Must be Aware Of”
Hello! The design of a website definitely worth a thoughtful strategy. However, I do not agree with you in terms of graphics being more engaging than content to online users. Can you give me some more reasons to change my ideas? Thanks.